Keeping Energy Costs in Check During the Winter Months
As we approach the cool winter season, remember that heating, ventilation and air-conditioning can account for approximately 30 percent of a business’s energy usage. Before considering purchasing new equipment, determine how much energy your business’s HVAC system actually uses. Using a well-designed system and implementing comprehensive energy saving techniques can help control your business’s utility costs.
- Reduce your facility’s load allowing the existing system to operate less frequently.
- Implementation of an energy management system can provide great savings to your HVAC equipment.
- Set zones to turn off exhaust fans when not needed and control the temperature of spaces at night.
- When purchasing new equipment, select units that are Energy Star qualified.
- Consider energy recovery ventilation systems to reclaim waste energy from exhaust and use it to condition the incoming air.
- Combine a dehumidification component to your HVAC system to increase customer or employee comfort and reduce the need for larger equipment.
To learn more about energy efficiency, contact Jerry Biser.
Center Director, WVMEP
Bio for Jerry to be inserted here